By: Joe Truini
To safely and easily clean out your garbage disposal:
- Measure out 1/2 cup of baking soda, and pour it down the garbage disposal.
- Measure one cup of white vinegar, and pour it down the garbage disposal.
- Allow the chemical reaction between the baking soda and vinegar to work for a minute.
- Pour a pot of boiling water down the garbage disposal, and allow it to sit for five minutes.
- Turn on the cold water tap in the sink with the garbage disposal, then turn on the disposal to flush it out.
Danny Lipford is among the country’s most sought-after home improvement experts.
The seasoned remodeling contractor and media personality served as the home improvement expert for CBS’s “The Early Show” and The Weather Channel for over a decade and has made more than 180 national television appearances on “Fox & Friends,” “Inside Edition,” “Morning Express with Robin Meade,” Fox Business Channel, Rachael Ray and more.
He travels the country making appearances as a brand ambassador and spokesperson, and each year contributes expertise to hundreds of popular magazines and online media outlets.
Chelsea Lipford Wolf is a born-and-raised home enthusiast, adding her crafty skills and passion for DIY as co-host of the top-rated, nationally syndicated “Today’s Homeowner” TV show.
In addition, Chelsea maintains her own home lifestyle and décor blog and award-winning web-series, “Checking in with Chelsea.”